- For 2021, the SCYR Youngers Club season will run March 20-May 1/7 for U8 Flag, U10 Coed, U12 Coed, BU14 Light and BU14 Open. *Dates may be subject to change due to COVID impacts.
The U8 non-contact and U10 contact divisions introduce the game of rugby by developing skill and game knowledge with an emphasis on safety. Scores and standings are not kept. The emphasis is on giving kids a very positive experience and nurturing their new love for the game and its unique culture. Both ages play small-sided and on smaller fields.
While still emphasizing safety, development of basic skills and love of the game, the Coed U12s and U14 Boys introduce strategy and tactic. The U12s play 12-a-side in two 20-minute halves, while the BU14s play 15-a-side and two 25-minute halves.
- For 2021, the SCYR Boys Olders Club season will run March 27-May 8 for BU16 and BU18. Girls will play an Open division March 26-May 7 for 15’s and 7’s. *Dates may be subject to change due to COVID impacts.
The olders girls competition is divided into U15 and U18 age levels. U15 plays 7’s. U18 offers a 7’s and a 15’s division, dependent upon participation numbers.
Boys U18 are divided into Gold and Green division, while the BU16 is organized typically geographically.
SCYR’s summer mission is to promote the game of 7s rugby and positive rugby culture in Southern California! The goal for the SCYR Summer 7s Series is to have full age group tournaments from U8-B/GU18 each open weekend of June and July with all the clubs involved.
Find an SCYR Club Near You
1. If you are interested in starting a new SCYR club, please complete the form above. The application is intended to better understand the infrastructure around the new club and help the new program be as successful as possible from the start.
2. When all necessary information has been received, SCYR will review the application and contact you with any questions or follow up information required.
3. If approved, there is a one-time league administrative fee of $175.