SoCal Youth Rugby schedules three seasons of recreational, club rugby.
- Youngers for U8, U10, U12, Bu14 Light & Bu14 Open — January to February/early March
- Olders for Gu15, Bu16, Gu18, and Bu18 — mid-March to mid-May
- Summer 7s for U8-U18 — June to July
- Fall Clinics and Festivals — more info to come!
The Youngers Club competition season is January-February and culminates in an End of the Season Tournament. The U8 non-contact, flag rugby and U10 contact divisions introduce the game of rugby by developing skill and game knowledge with an emphasis on safety. Scores and standings are not kept. The emphasis is on giving kids a very positive experience and nurturing their new love for the game and its unique culture. Both ages play small-sided and on smaller fields.
While still emphasizing safety, development of basic skills and love of the game, the Coed U12s and U14 Boys introduce strategy and tactic. The U12s play 12-a-side in two 20-minute halves, while the BU14s play 15-a-side and two 25-minute halves.
- U10 weight threshold – 120 lbs
- U12 weight threshold – 145 lbs,
- Bu14 Light weight threshold – 180lbs
Spring is dedicated to the Olders youth competitive play running typically mid-March through mid-May. The ages divisions are Gu15, Bu16, Gu18, and Bu18. SoCal Youth Rugby member clubs are top ranked and compete at the Boys and Girls Nationals for both 15s and 7s.
Find a Club Near You
The clubs have links to their web sites when you click on the maroon ball icon.